The young generation is now seeking for innovative solutions.
Businesses have the power to shape a kinder world, but only if the quest for profit does not leave the poor behind and plunder the planet. That makes the Social Entrepreneur the one who can use business to change the world for the better. Would you like to be one?
Join the SOCIAL BUSINESS SUMMIT 2013: Inclusive Growth in the Asian Market
Craft novel business models to end poverty and to mitigate climate change for a future of sustainable prosperity and peace.
The Philippines is poised to become the Hub for social entrepreneurship in Asia.
The Social Business Summit is launched for the first time this year in the Philippines. It is the next step in grand vision of Gawad Kalinga to end poverty for 5 million families in the Philippines. Gawad Kalinga (GK) is a Filipino NGO founded in 2003 by Tony Meloto. GK’s work is centered upon a holistic and comprehensive roadmap that advances in three phases.
PHASE 1: Social Justice
YEAR 2003-2010: “Land for the Landless; Homes for the Homeless; Food for the Hungry.” This phase is about building the preconditions for the spirit to be freed from the mentality of poverty.
PHASE 2: Social Artistry
YEAR 2011-2017: “No one gets left behind.” (Walang Iwanan). Using the GK communities as convergence platform from which to pursue major innovations that will permanently improve the quality of life for everyone.
PHASE 3: Social Progress
YEAR 2018 – 2024: Achieving permanently improved standards of living by developing the innovations and incubations of the previous phase at a large, yet sustainable scale.
We have been preparing for two years now, and the present year will see social artistry embark upon its great sprint, catalyzed by the creative convergence that will take hold during the three days of the Social Business Summit on the Enchanted Farm-Village University.
The Social Business Summit 2013 sets out to achieve the following objectives.
- To highlight the value of social entrepreneurship in achieving inclusive growth in emerging economies, particularly the Philippines.
- To promote global partnerships, networking, and impact investment in building scalable and sustainable social enterprises.
- To raise a new generation of wealth creators that will renew the planet and revitalize human life.
- Social entrepreneurs and farmers for social change (rappler.com)
- Press conference of the Global Social Business Summit (nextupasia.com)